2019 Summer Uniform Information:
Summer Uniform shorts
You will need marching shoes & black ankle length socks (purchase socks on your own).
Show shirt will be provided by the band.
2019 Marching Full Uniform:
The uniform will be provided by the band. Undergarments (compression shorts) & long black socks will need to be purchased on your own. Black gloves will also be for sale by the band.
Marching Shoes (called Velocity): Please send a check for $33 to Kathy Pickens on 8/5 to order shoes.
Colorguard Uniform Ordering Information:
This is the uniform for early-season performances. It consists of the following pieces:
• Grey Band Polo (provided during band camp; extra shirts available for purchase)
• Black shorts
• Black ankle socks (must be visible at least a couple of inches above the shoe)
• Marching shoes
This is the uniform for marching competitions and late-season football games. Students are responsible for purchasing their own shoes (purchased during band registration) and gloves, but other pieces of the uniform are provided. This uniform is considerably more complicated than the summer uniform, so we have created the following guidelines:
1. The uniform will be kept at school at all times. It is the student’s responsibility to see that everything is in the garment bag after each use. Band members will be charged for any lost parts at the end of the season.
2. All Silver Sound Band members should carry a bag for personal items and clothing. All personal items and clothing MUST be in the bag before exiting the changing bus or dressing room.
3. All members should shower prior to wearing the band uniform on the day of competition or performance.
4. Hair: All male and female band members are responsible for their own hair and accessories. Students should firmly tie back or pin hair up before putting on uniform jackets so that hair does not extend beyond the shako in the front and on the sides. Students should bring their own hair ties, do-rags and bobby pins, if needed. Practice putting up hair at home or prior to the stated dressing time. There is not time to address hair issues once we begin dressing.
5. Students should drink only water while in uniform. If permission is given to eat, do so while wearing only bibbers. If your uniform does become soiled, please inform uniform team so that it can be properly cleaned right away.
6. All students will be measured for Marching Shoes during band registration. Students must pay for shoes in full before they will be ordered. MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES FIT AND PUT YOUR NAME IN YOUR SHOES AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM! Each year band members “lose” shoes because they are not labeled. Just do it.
7. Brush shoes at home to remove all loose debris. Wipe clean with warm soapy water and clean rag. Check them after they are dry for cleanliness. Student name should be clearly written inside of the shoe.
8. Tie shoes correctly. You MUST tie your shoes! Do NOT just tuck the laces.
9. Band members will be reminded before each event whether they need to wear summer uniform or bring marching uniform accessories or both. IF THE BAND MEMBER DOES NOT HAVE SOCKS, GLOVES, BELT OR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED, ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE BY THE STUDENT TO HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY SO THAT THERE WILL BE NO DELAYS IN OUR DEPARTURE.
Color Guard Uniform
Color Guard Performance Uniforms are handled separately through the color guard sponsors and volunteers, similar to the Band Marching uniforms. Other components of the uniform and additional Guard clothing can be ordered during band registration. Members who are also in band need to be sure to have their concert dress fitted and ordered on the same schedule as other band members.
EVERYONE MUST HAVE A TUXEDO OR CONCERT DRESS for concert season. This is the only time available to do this, so we can have them ordered and delivered in enough time.
Questions? Contact us!